“I had a hard drive with FAT 32 file system. I want to convert my file system from FAT 32 to NTFS file system so I format my hard drive to NTFS, but when formatting gets completed then partition display as empty and my data is lost. Can anyone suggest how to do data recovery from FAT 32 after format?”
Maximum time user faces issue like above stated. Whenever user need to exchange data between PC and device then File allocation table is used as it is easy to use. For convenient and easy data transfer all large media devices on Windows computer support FAT32 file system. But data stored in FAT32 is not secure. You can lost your important data from FAT32 due to many reasons like accidental deletion, formatting, virus attack etc. Checkout issues that lead to FAT32 drive format:
- If virus attack on FAT32 then it displays error then user has no option other than formatting storage device
- When user install or reinstall Windows OS then system hard drive FAT 32 fill system gets automatically formatted
- If user faces any issue on USB pen drive, memory card with FAT 32 file system then data stored in it becomes unreadable and user can get out from this situation by doing formatting of FAT 32 file system
In above scenarios due t formatting one will lose important data from FAT 32.So to avoid such situations user should always keep backup of crucial data and if you have not kept backup then use recovery software to regain formatted data from FAT32 storage media.
Yodot Hard Drive Recovery:
This is very effective software to restore data from FAT 32 after format on Windows OS. It can get back Word documents, Excel sheets, PDFs, compressed archives, folders, movies, pictures, program files etc from computer hard drive. It not only recovers files but retrieve folders also from formatted FAT 32 drives. It supports different file system also as NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS, ExFAT or FAT 16.It can even rescue data from external hard drive, USB, pen drive, SSD, Fire wire drive and other compatible devices on system. It works on Windows7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows 8.1, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 OS.
Learn steps to get back files from formatted FAT 32 drives:
Firstly you have to connect your external storage device formatted FAT 32 file system to your system then download Yodot Hard Drive Recovery tool on PC and install it. When user will run software then press on ‘Formatted/Reformatted Recovery’ option and click next button. Now select the drive from which you have to retrieve data from formatted FAT32.This tool will start scanning on selected FAT32 drive. When scanning gets completed then user can view regain files in two different view types. Before saving your rescue data user can preview it and then save it to destination location.
- User should not format any FAT32 file system without having proper confirmation
- One should always keep backup of files from FAT32 drive in order to avoid data lost situations due to accidental formatting