Hi, I’m a newbie to Outlook. But as per my company rules I’m using Outlook for two way communication with my clients. Recently, I got a new laptop and it is necessary to move my Outlook PST file attributes including my calendar. I’m not aware of any process to do it on my own. It would be helpful for me if anyone guide me with a simple process. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Are you in dilemma to transfer Outlook calendar? If that is the thing, then no need to think much because it is very easy process which you can do manually. Before knowing about transfer process, let’s see the situations where users must go for Outlook attribute transfer process:
- At the time of formatting system
- Upgrading Outlook to higher version
- Choose ‘File’ menu after opening Outlook application
- Select ‘Open’ and then ‘Import and Export’ option
- Now pick ‘Export to a file’ option
- Mark ‘Outlook Data file (PST)’
- Select the name of the Outlook account
- Now, browse the destination
- Finally click on ‘Finish’
It may or may not work out in some cases. For being risk free make sure to use a reliable application like Yodot Move Outlook PST. Let’s see more about it.
Features involved in the tool
Just to erase the question from your mind ‘how to transfer Outlook calendar’ Yodot product has been introduced. It is a simple tool which is providing a handy interface to the users. This software has read only access so it is more secure when it comes to moving the PST file contents. It not only transfers calendar but also emails, schedules, tasks, contact lists, RSS feeds, notes, journals, etc. In addition to this, this tool is providing an inbuilt scheduler option to generate auto backup for every day, week and month basis. Along with moving, you will be having extra options called ‘Backup’ and ‘Restore’. Backup option is used to take backup of Outlook PST file before transferring data. Whereas ‘Restore’ option get back data from backed up file on the same system. To run this tool, you require operating systems like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows server 2003 and 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10.
How to utilize the application?
- Initially download Yodot Move Outlook PST software on your system -> Main screen is occupied with three tabs called ‘Backup’, ‘Restore’ and ‘Migrate’ -> Go through first tab -> A new screen appears by giving two options ‘Smart Backup’ and ‘Advanced Backup’ -> First option is used to take entire PST file backup and second option to customize the backup for PST file attributes -> So, choose ‘Advanced Backup’ option -> Browse the destination location to save file after process ends -> The utility will generate backup and the file will be redirected to browsed destination.
- Now, on the other healthy system run the same software -> Go through ‘Migrate’ button -> Locate the previously backed up file path -> Allow the tool to move the contents -> Finally open Outlook and check whether calendar items transferred or not.