I have a 4GB CF card which had all my graduation photographs and other media files. I formatted my CF card to get rid of the virus and found out that the graduation photos were not backed up. Can I recover those files from my formatted CF card?
The Compact Flash (CF) Card is a flash memory storage device which is generally used to store data on many portable devices such as digital camera, music player, camcorders etc. It can store different types of data including music, video and photos. If you have mistakenly deleted or formatted the card, there’s no need to panic. You can recover them by opting for a photo recovery software.
Other reasons for data loss on CF card
- Human errors: Accidentally clicking on “Delete All” button from the camera or accidentally deleting files from the CF card is one of the main reason for data loss from CF card
- Format: It is really a frustrating situation when you encounter a format error (“Disk needs to be formatted”) as soon as you connect your CF card to PC which forces you to format the card which result in complete data loss
- Wrong usage: Removing the CF card during read / write process or Using the same CF cards on different devices sometimes leads to data loss
- Transfer error: Power surge while transferring files from the CF card to PC
- Other reasons: Other reasons include virus attack, OS corruption, hardware malfunction and etc.
Note: The most important thing you should do after any data loss from your CF card is to stop using it. Because adding any new data to the CF card results in overwriting which reduces the chance of recovery.
Don’t worry, if you have lost your files from your CF card due to any of the above mentioned scenarios. You can recover them back by using a powerful photo recovery software. The notable software being Yodot Photo Recovery.
Yodot Photo Recovery (Windows) is a wonderful photo recovery application to recover CF card. The software has the ability to recover all your lost / deleted files due to any of the above mentioned scenario. You can recovery different types of files such as audio and video (AVI, AVS, ASF, ASX, 3GP, DIVX, MOV, MPEG, MPG, M4V, WMV, XVID, AIFF, AIF, AMR, M4A, M4B, MP3, MP4, WAV, MIDI, RA, WMA, OGG), photo(JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, TIF, PSD, WPG, WMF, TGA, SID, QTM, QFX, PSP, PIC, PCX) files and etc. Apart from generic photos it also recovers RAW image files (NEF, CR2, CRW, DNG, ARW, SR2, ORF, MRW, 3FR).
How to recover CF card data using the software?
Download and install Yodot Photo Recovery software to your system->Find here ->Attach the CF card via USB or card reader to your Windows system->Open the software and follow the main screen procedures->Use “Deleted Photo Recovery” option to recover your deleted files or make use of “Lost Photo Recovery” option to retrieve your lost files->The software scans and displays all the logical and external drives(CF card) present on your system->Select the drive representing your CF card and click on “Next” button->The application scans the entire CF drive and displays all of the deleted / lost files->Select the files which you want to recover->Preview the photo files before saving them->Browse for the destination location in order to save your recovered data(Not on your CF card)