“I just finished updating my Windows operating system, but after the system restarted, some of the files from my desktop are missing. I don’t know where they have gone; I haven’t kept backup of those folders in other storage media. Can anyone tell me how to rescue lost files after Windows update? I need to get access to those files as I have to complete my office work, so I want those files back as soon as possible. Thanks a lot!”
When you are updating your Windows operating system, at times not all files from the existing OS are transferred to new updated operating system. As mentioned in the above scenario, you can encounter file loss at any duration of time and hence a proper backup of valuable data should be maintained. If you have not maintained data backup and have lost important files then to recover lost files after Windows update make use of Hard Drive Recovery software that can solve your problem as soon as possible.
Scenarios that lead to loss of files after Windows update:
- Bad Sectors: This is one of the major causes that can result in loss of files from your hard drive. Presence of more number of bad sectors can block access to information saved on hard drive, thereby leading to valuable data loss
- Virus Infection: Once your system is infected with virus, all the files and folders present on the respective partition becomes inaccessible. Hence user must install proper antivirus protection to prevent virus attack on Windows system
- Third Party Tools: Use of irrelevant third party applications after Windows update has been done may result in loss of important files from your hard drive. Therefore a thorough check of the application should be done before installing it on your systems
Lost file recovery after Windows update:
Hard Drive Recovery is one of the most desired programs that can be used to recover lost files after Windows update in a minimum duration of time. This recovery product is equipped with best list of options and simple to use interactive interface that makes sure even non technical users can also perform rescue operation without missing even a single bit of data. Apart from restoring lost files after Windows update, user can also get back data from formatted hard drive, drive with bad sectors, reformatting, file system corruption and so on. Trouble free installation of this utility can be carried out on different versions of Windows operating systems like Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 2003, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows Xp and Windows 2008 respectively. If you get any doubts while performing the recovery of data from Windows system, you can get in touch with our technical support staff will be available round the clock to solve your issue as soon as possible.
Steps to recover lost files after Windows update:
You can download Hard Drive Recovery tool. Install the utility by logging in as local system administrator. As soon as installation process gets completed, user can run the software and from main screen of utility click on ‘Partition Recovery’ and then move on to next screen. Select the hard drive from where files are missing and then initiate recovery process of the hard drive. Once the lost files are recovered, user can view them in Data View or File Type View as desired. At last save restored data to known destination location as applicable host operating system user.
Tips to keep in mind:
- Always maintain backup of important files prior to Windows update
- Follow proper procedure when Windows update is being carried out
- Maintain good source of power backup to prevent abrupt system shutdown when Windows update is being carried out